Job Title: Warehouse Associate
Job Brief: The Warehouse Associate’s primary function is to keep the warehouse organized, clean, and running smoothly.
Job Starting Location: 5717 West 6th Ave, Lakewood, CO 80214
Position Type: Full Time. Must be flexible to work over 40 hours when needed.
Job Shift: Monday - Friday 6:00am to 3:00pm (can be as late as 6:00pm), rotating Saturday shift as needed.
Compensation: Competitive hourly rate (starting at $19/hour) plus benefits
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Edge Construction Specialties is seeking reliable, safety focused individuals to help keep our warehouse and delivery operations clean, organized, and running smoothly. At Edge, we value team members that are reliable. Our general contracts expect us to deliver on our commitments, whether it is next day delivery of their order, or exceptional carpentry solutions. Every team member is an integral part of who we are and what we do!
Essential Job Duties
• Welcome delivery trucks
• Receive and track shipments
• Embark merchandise in delivery trucks using appropriate tools
• Accommodate and carefully handle fragile merchandise
• Track and document exact shipment arrival and departure times
• Tag and label merchandise
• Label and stockpile merchandise according to size, shape, and type.
• Box, wrap and pack merchandise in accordance with relevant procedures and standards
• Prepare all orders for shipment
• Record and manage all impaired or damaged merchandise items
• Operate adequate merchandise management tools (for example, forklift)
• Enter data in inventory and logistics software programs
• Performs physical inventory counts and monitors re-order points
• Assist with tool and vehicle check-out.
• Performs other business support and warehouse duties as directed by the Delivery Manager
• Sort and get the finished products wrapped and loaded into the trucks. Knowing how to organize and load the products is essential!
• Stage, load, and unload the right products and materials and the correct location
• Calling ahead to site foreman and vendors to coordinate pickup/drop off times
• Cooperation with customers and foreman at job sites
• Properly handle and manage the proof of delivery using your smartphone (taking photos, collecting signatures, and updating task status) in a timely manner
• Using your smartphone to identify your next trip/route
• Taking initiative to minimize wait times by proactively loading, securing, and unloading your vehicle at each location
• Willingness to work overtime to ensure we meet our commitments to our customers and our team members
• Willingness to work in the shop and do other tasks as they arise
• Desire to exceed expectations
Education and Experience
You must be 18 years or older
You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
You must have a valid driver's license
Must be honest and reliable - be on time and plan ahead
Show initiative - if you don't have an assignment, do something to improve the warehouse/shop
Take pride in your work
Reliable transportation to/from work
Able to pass DOT medical certification
Good eyesight with corrective lenses
Climb and maintain balance on ladders and scaffolds
Stoop, kneel, and crouch
Use hands and arms to reach for, handle, and manipulate objects
Able to safely lift 50 pounds safely and 80-100 pounds with helper
Must be able to load and unload packages with and without dollies in various types of weather
Ability to drive safely
Ability to use navigation tools such as onboard GPS, smartphone apps, and/or web-based or physical maps
Ability to execute delivery routes
Ability to maintain basic logs and records
Ability to carry out a series of instructions without constant supervision
Able to remain professional and courteous at all times
Ability to identify products and handle products safely and correctly
Must have knowledge of on/off loading to avoid product damage during material handling, loading, and unloading vehicles.
Ability to safely operate forklift
Ability to use regular pallet jacks
Ability to use shrink-wrap machine
Must be able to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Conditional Employment Requirements
Employment with Edge Construction Specialties is contingent upon the following:
• Satisfactory reference checks.
• Completion of a satisfactory background check.
• Completion of a satisfactory MVR driving record check.
• Passing a pre-employment Drug Screen
• Passing a DOT Medical Examination
Edge offers the following company benefits:
• Eligibility for health, vision, dental coverage subject to plan terms.
• Eligibility for 401(k) plan subject to plan terms.
• Eligibility for company-paid benefits such as long-term disability, subject to applicable waiting periods.
• Paid time off (PTO) earned on an accrual basis.
• Company-paid holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day
Established in 1996, Edge Construction Specialties is a leading finish carpentry contractor for specialty building interiors and equipment. Our core values: commitment to customer, integrity, respect, safety, and teamwork. We provide innovative solutions to projects involving architectural woodwork, ornamental metals, doors, frames & hardware, and specialties.
Edge Construction Specialties is a tobacco/smoke/drug free company, an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and supports workplace diversity. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply.
Information to the Applicant
I certify that all answers and statements made by me on this Application are complete and true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I understand that any false information, omissions, or misrepresentations of facts by me in the Application or during the application process may result in rejection of my application or discharge at any time if I am hired.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination because of sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, age, national origin, military status, religion, or disability or any other legally protected status. Additional testing of job-related skills and for the presence of drugs may be required prior to employment.
I understand and acknowledge that all offers of employment and continued employment are contingent on compliance with the background check and drug testing policies.