(Commercial Construction - Finish Carpentry)
Job Title: Project Manager (Finish Carpentry for Commercial Construction)
Location: Assigned Jobsites and Edge HQ @ 5717 West 6th Ave, Lakewood, CO 80214
Position Type: Full Time (Must be flexible to working over 40 hours as needed)
Standard Office Hours: Monday - Friday 7:30am to 5:30pm
Compensation: $65,000-90,000 per year based upon experience
The Project Manager will provide overall management direction to single or multiple projects, establish project objectives and policies, maintain liaison with prime client contracts, and monitor construction and financial activities through administrative direction of an on-site construction manager. In addition, the Project Manager will establish and review priorities for the Project Engineer. The Project Manager is ultimately responsible for completing each project on time, within budget, and satisfying the customer
REPORTS TO: Vice President
Essential Job Duties
1. Analyze projects to determine scope, schedule requirements, and coordinate with Purchasing and Installation on priorities to effectively bring the project within budget and on schedule.
2. Attend Purchasing update meetings for new projects and assist the Purchasing Department as necessary. Pursue resolution all Vendor Contracts, Bond and Insurance Certificates.
3. Expedite, review, and provide “Quality Control" on shop drawings and submittals.
4. Effectively analyze projects to:
a. Estimate overruns and/or under-runs and omissions related to the Job Cost.
b. Verify field dimensions, backing locations, and mechanical/electrical rough-ins.
c. Timely release of approved materials to suppliers and manufacturers.
d. Expedite material deliveries and shortages.
e. Verify job readiness and coordinate installation of materials to allow installation to progress in an orderly and timely fashion. The Project Manager will have a positive or negative effect on the profitability of the installation.
f. Review, code, and return invoices to Accounting.
g. Initiate and respond to daily correspondence, customers, suppliers and Corporate Office.
h. Issue Field Coordination Reports to customers when necessary.
i. Update as necessary Edge Project Control/Document Control System and communicating with VP and Field Operations Manager on all significant changes.
i. Request for Information Log
ii. Submittal Log
iii. Material Status Report
iv. Things to Do List
v. Outstanding Issues
vi. Field Coordination Report Log
j. Coordinate with in-house Delivery department regarding long-haul deliveries. Maximize capability for grouped job shipments to reduce hauling costs.
k. Review, issue and update Installation Manpower Schedules and Sequence of Operations within the first 60 days.
5. Coordinate with Installation in completing the last 1% of the job and all punch lists, submit guarantees, warranties and owners’ manuals as required.
6. Prepare, submit, obtain approval, verify and track billings until payment is received. Effectively make progress payment requests to eliminate under billing to the extent possible on a monthly basis. First billing within 60 days of order Entry Date.
7. Monitor the progress of the assigned projects via the Project/Document Control System, correspondence, job cost reports, progress billings, and field reports and keep Operations Manager informed of unresolved problems. Provide monthly input to Operations Manager for Projects at Risk Report.
8. Price and process change order proposals and coordinate with Estimating Department when required. Change order proposals are to be reviewed with Operations Manager.
9. Maintain job costs and update monthly with Operations Manager.
10. Set up cost projections on a detailed (broken down by Job Cost Line) spreadsheet for all projects managed and updated monthly.
11. Read, understand and follow master operating agreements with all vendors. Process Request for Direction as needed.
12. Participate with other Division personnel in establishing and setting and attaining goals for the Division to develop new methods, techniques, systems and ideas to improve the performance of the Company.
13. Promote Edge and maintain a good working relationship with:
a. Suppliers and manufacturers
b. General contractors, owners and architects
c. Company personnel
14. Sign all vendor contracts and change orders to the levels outlined by the Board of Directors Resolution.
15. Make all decisions relative to the projects assigned except those specifically reserved by the Operations Manager as defined on each project.
16. Prepare, update and issue Cost to Complete Reports on a weekly basis.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing or activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience
Experience in architectural Millwork industry, preferably multiple years of installation experience
Either a Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Construction Management or at least 1 year of experience as a commercial construction Project Engineer
Able to read architectural drawings and shop drawings
Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
Ability to prioritize multiple moving deadlines
Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
Computer literacy (Microsoft Office)
Conflict Management skills
Leadership and management skills
Commercial Construction Experience
Conditional Employment Requirements
Employment with Edge Construction Specialties is contingent upon the following:
Satisfactory reference checks.
Completion of a satisfactory background check.
Passing a pre-employment Drug Screen
Edge offers the following company benefits:
Eligibility for health, vision, dental coverage (subject to plan terms and applicable waiting periods)
Eligibility for matching 401(k) plan (subject to plan terms and applicable waiting periods)
Eligibility for company-paid benefits such as long-term disability (subject to plan terms and applicable waiting periods)
Paid time off (PTO) - (earned on an accrual basis)
Company-paid holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day
Edge Construction Specialties is a different kind of finish carpentry company. While the expertise and experience we provide clients are critical to our success, our true point of difference is an uncompromising commitment to integrity: the ideal upon which our company was built.
Many companies talk about the importance of relationships, but at Edge Construction Specialties we believe relationships really are our business. Because the work we do depends on our ability to successfully facilitate and manage work through our team, various partners, and ultimately, to our customers, it is critical that we create value for everyone along the way. The relationships we build with the people we work for and with are sacred to us.
Our work philosophy can be summed up in two words: Can Do. Without hesitation, we consistently do everything in our power to get the job done right by anticipating problems before they occur.
Companies don't build buildings, people do. Edge Construction Specialties works hard to find and develop only the very best people: Leaders at every level, who can further our unique culture and business approach. We are a company of high-integrity professionals. Humble in our character, we take tremendous pride in our work and the company we continue to build. We want to hire, work with, and work for good people.
We are a company of strong values and strong culture. Of relationships, experience, and performance. Of going the extra mile and above all, integrity. This is our purpose. This is Edge Construction Specialties.
Edge Construction Specialties is a tobacco/smoke/drug free company, an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and supports workplace diversity. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply.
Information to the Applicant
I certify that all answers and statements made by me on this Application are complete and true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I understand that any false information, omissions, or misrepresentations of facts by me in the Application or during the application process may result in rejection of my application or discharge at any time if I am hired.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination because of sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, age, national origin, military status, religion, or disability or any other legally protected status. Additional testing of job-related skills and for the presence of drugs may be required prior to employment.
I understand and acknowledge that all offers of employment and continued employment are contingent on compliance with the background check and drug testing policies.