Job Title: Delivery Driver
Job Brief: The Delivery Driver will move parts, goods, and other merchandise from one location to another.
Job Starting Location: 5717 West 6th Ave, Lakewood, CO 80214
Position Type: Full Time. Must be flexible to work over 40 hours when needed.
Job Shift: Monday - Friday 6:00am to 3:00pm (can be as late as 6:00pm), rotating Saturday shift as needed.
Compensation: Competitive hourly rate based upon experience
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Edge Construction Specialties is seeking reliable, safety focused individuals for local delivery driver positions at our Lakewood headquarters. Our drivers operate company-owned vehicles on delivery routes primarily within the Denver Metro area, the Front Range I-25 corridor, the ski resorts along the I-70 corridor, and occasionally throughout other areas of Colorado. Familiarity and understanding of maps and driving directions are required. Responsible for loading of truck in cooperation with warehouse staff, handling of delivery paperwork requirements, and cooperation with customers and foreman at job sites; responsible for safe operation of truck, including tying down the load and adherence to all traffic laws.
At Edge, we value team members that are reliable. Our general contracts expect us to deliver on our commitments, whether it is next day delivery of their order, or exceptional carpentry solutions. Every team member is an integral part of who we are and what we do!
Essential Job Duties
• Executes and completes efficient pickup and delivery and routes throughout the day
• Loads delivery vehicle with all products and material scheduled for delivery
• Delivers and unloads vehicle of products and materials to correct addresses, taking photos, obtaining signatures, and capturing proof of receipt
• Picks up parcels along the scheduled route, including items to be returned, company orders, and other items as requested
• Maintains basic records for pre/post trip inspections, truck mileage, and tasks completed
• Ensures that delivery vehicle receives basic service according to maintenance schedule; reports larger service needs and mechanical issues to supervisor
• Assists in general warehouse duties when delivery route is completed
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• Able to safely operate single axle, under 26,000 GVW box trucks and understand all features of each truck
• Able to safely operate a pickup truck/trailer combination and understand all features of each trailer
• Understands defensive driving between commercial vehicles and every-day vehicles
• Able to read maps and follow driving directions
• Must adhere to all traffic laws and regulations
• Keep truck clean and properly maintained
• Sort and get the finished products wrapped and loaded into the trucks. Knowing how to organize and load the products is essential!
• Stage, load, and unload the right products and materials and the correct location
• Calling ahead to site foreman and vendors to coordinate pickup/drop off times
• Cooperation with customers and foreman at job sites
• Properly handle and manage the proof of delivery using your smartphone (taking photos, collecting signatures, and updating task status) in a timely manner
• Using your smartphone to identify your next trip/route
• Taking initiative to minimize wait times by proactively loading, securing, and unloading your vehicle at each location
• Willingness to work overtime to ensure we meet our commitments to our customers and our team members
• Willingness to work in the shop and do other tasks as they arise
Education and Experience
Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
21 years of age or older
Ability to drive large box trucks
Must be absolutely dependable, punctual, and safe
Must be able to safely drive in all types of weather conditions (fog, rain, snow, ice, etc.) The only time we do not drive is if CDOT closes the roads.
Ability to read maps on a smart phone
Ability to read and follow instructions from a smart phone in English
Ability to call ahead to site foreman and vendors to coordinate pickup/drop off times
Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Keep trucks clean and organized, inside and out
Able to pass DOT medical certification
Good eyesight with corrective lenses
Climb and maintain balance on ladders and scaffolds
Stoop, kneel, and crouch
Use hands and arms to reach for, handle, and manipulate objects
Able to safely lift 50 pounds safely and 80-100 pounds with helper
Must be able to load and unload packages with and without dollies in various types of weather
Ability to drive safely
Ability to use navigation tools such as onboard GPS, smartphone apps, and/or web-based or physical maps
Ability to execute delivery routes
Ability to maintain basic logs and records
Ability to carry out a series of instructions without constant supervision
Able to remain professional and courteous at all times
Able to identify products and handle products safely and correctly
Must have knowledge of on/off loading to avoid product damage during transit.
Ability to safely drive pickup truck with trailer
Able to drive forklift
Able to use regular pallet jacks
Able to use shrink-wrap machine
All candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Conditional Employment Requirements
Employment with Edge Construction Specialties is contingent upon the following:
• Satisfactory reference checks.
• Completion of a satisfactory background check.
• Completion of a satisfactory MVR driving record check.
• Passing a pre-employment Drug Screen
• Passing a DOT Medical Examination
Edge offers the following company benefits:
• Eligibility for health, vision, dental coverage subject to plan terms.
• Eligibility for 401(k) plan subject to plan terms.
• Eligibility for company-paid benefits such as long-term disability, subject to applicable waiting periods.
• Paid time off (PTO) earned on an accrual basis.
• Company-paid holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day
Established in 1996, Edge Construction Specialties is a leading finish carpentry contractor for specialty building interiors and equipment. Our core values: commitment to customer, integrity, respect, safety, and teamwork. We provide innovative solutions to projects involving architectural woodwork, ornamental metals, doors, frames & hardware, and specialties.
Edge Construction Specialties is a tobacco/smoke/drug free company, an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and supports workplace diversity. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply.
Information to the Applicant
I certify that all answers and statements made by me on this Application are complete and true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I understand that any false information, omissions, or misrepresentations of facts by me in the Application or during the application process may result in rejection of my application or discharge at any time if I am hired.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination because of sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, age, national origin, military status, religion, or disability or any other legally protected status. Additional testing of job-related skills and for the presence of drugs may be required prior to employment.
I understand and acknowledge that all offers of employment and continued employment are contingent on compliance with the background check and drug testing policies.