DOOR MACHINE OPERATOR
Job Title: Door Machine Operator
Job Brief: The Door Machine Operator's primary function is to machine interior doors on a Norfield Magnum door machine.
Job Starting Location: 5717 West 6th Ave, Lakewood, CO 80214
Position Type: Full Time. Must be flexible to work over 40 hours when needed.
Job Shift: Monday - Friday 7:00am to 3:00pm (Day Shift)
Compensation: Competitive hourly rate (starting at $20/hour) plus benefits
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Edge Construction Specialties is seeking a highly motivated team player to help with our continued growth. The Door Machine Operator is an important piece of Edge’s reputation for fair pricing, top of the line products, and quality service. The principal purpose of this role is to machine interior doors on a Norfield Magnum door machine. At Edge, we value team members that are reliable. Our general contracts expect us to deliver on our commitments, whether it is next day delivery of their order, or exceptional carpentry solutions. Every team member is an integral part of who we are and what we do!
Essential Job Duties
• Pull doors, jambs, and hinges based on work orders
• Maintain proper inventory for door production
• Organize doors in efficient production order
• Set up machine properly for handing, bore, mortise and other hardware
• Maintain a clean and orderly work environment
• Some heavy lifting is required
• Perform other duties as needed by the Shop Manager
You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
Previous industry experience (3+ years)
Education and Experience
You must be 18 years or older
Ability to read and evaluate work orders
Outstanding customer and colleague relationship skills
Energetic, competitive attitude
Strong work ethic, constant attention to detail, and a commitment to reliability
Take pride in your work
Reliable transportation to/from work
Be comfortable working on your feet for the duration of your shift
Good eyesight with corrective lenses
Stoop, kneel, and crouch
Use hands and arms to reach for, handle, and manipulate objects
Able to safely lift 50 pounds safely and 80-100 pounds with helper
Conditional Employment Requirements
Employment with Edge Construction Specialties is contingent upon the following:
• Satisfactory reference checks.
• Completion of a satisfactory background check.
• Completion of a satisfactory MVR driving record check.
• Passing a pre-employment Drug Screen
Edge offers the following company benefits:
• Eligibility for health, vision, dental coverage subject to plan terms.
• Eligibility for 401(k) plan subject to plan terms.
• Eligibility for company-paid benefits such as long-term disability, subject to applicable waiting periods.
• Paid time off (PTO) earned on an accrual basis.
• Company-paid holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day
Established in 1996, Edge Construction Specialties is a leading finish carpentry contractor for specialty building interiors and equipment. Our core values: commitment to customer, integrity, respect, safety, and teamwork. We provide innovative solutions to projects involving architectural woodwork, ornamental metals, doors, frames & hardware, and specialties.
Edge Construction Specialties is a tobacco/smoke/drug free company, an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and supports workplace diversity. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply.
Information to the Applicant
I certify that all answers and statements made by me on this Application are complete and true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I understand that any false information, omissions, or misrepresentations of facts by me in the Application or during the application process may result in rejection of my application or discharge at any time if I am hired.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination because of sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, age, national origin, military status, religion, or disability or any other legally protected status. Additional testing of job-related skills and for the presence of drugs may be required prior to employment.
I understand and acknowledge that all offers of employment and continued employment are contingent on compliance with the background check and drug testing policies.