Job Title: Laborer
Job Brief: The Laborer is responsible for assisting carpenters, installers, and keeping the jobsite clean and organized.
Job Location: Varies
Position Type: Full Time. Must be flexible to work over 40 hours when needed.
Job Shift: Shift hours are scheduled Monday – Friday with a Saturday shift as needed.
Compensation: Competitive hourly rate based upon experience
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
This position requires the employee to work with their hands while engaged in manual labor. Responsible for assisting carpenters, installers, and keeping the jobsite clean and organized.
At Edge, we value team members that are reliable. Our customers expect us to deliver on our commitments, whether it is next day delivery of their order, or exceptional carpentry solutions. Every team member is an integral part of who we are and what we do!
Essential Job Duties
• Installation of architectural woodwork, plastic laminate, and metal casework, fume hoods, doors/frames/hardware, and miscellaneous specialties.
• Pre-planning: tools needed, materials, installation techniques that is the fastest and safest way possible.
• Accommodate and carefully handle fragile merchandise
• Help equipment operator, carpenters, and other skilled labor when necessary.
• Prep construction sites by cleaning obstacles and hazards.
• Load or unload construction materials.
• Put together and take apart temporary structures, such as scaffolding.
• Remove, fill, or compact earth.
• Assist craft workers.
• Ready to learn from on-the-job training when necessary.
• Perform site clean-up.
• Complete other duties as assigned by the supervisor
• Responsible to follow and participate in the Edge Safety Program and adhere to the jobsite’s specific safety rules.
• Perform your jobs in the safest manner prescribed – Never put yourself in harm’s way.
• Conduct yourself in a way that enhances their personal safety and that of their coworkers contributing to a positive work environment.
• Report workplace hazards and make suggestions for their control. Use Stop Work Authority and respect Stop Work Authority on job.
• Cooperate and contribute toward the overall success of the safety program.
• Report all injuries and incidents as soon as possible.
• Taking initiative to minimize wait times by proactively loading, securing, and unloading vehicles.
• Willingness to work overtime to ensure we meet our commitments to our customers and our team members.
• Desire to exceed expectations.
• You must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid Driver’s License
• Must be honest and reliable - be on time and plan ahead
• Ability to do physical labor and other strenuous physical tasks.
• Ability to work in all weather.
• Take pride in your work
• You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
• Completed classwork from a technical school with a focus in carpentry
• Demonstrated interest in carpentry/woodwork
• Dexterity and coordination required in using carpentry tools
• Climb and maintain balance on ladders and scaffolds
• Stoop, kneel, and crouch
• Use hands and arms to reach for, handle, and manipulate objects
• See well (either naturally or with correction)
• Lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to read blueprints
• 1-2 years’ of experience in woodworking/carpentry
All candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Basic knowledge of measuring and calculating dimensions of a project using a tape measure and calculator
• Work together as part of a team
• Willingness to learn
• A keen attention to detail
• Be open to feedback, challenging yourself, and learning new things
• Able to use a smartphone calendar and basic PC skills
• Able to manage your time to complete multiple tasks that may be assigned at once
• Ability to problem solve, complete assigned tasks efficiently, and exercise sound construction and safety-oriented judgment.
Conditional Employment Requirements
Employment with Edge Construction Specialties is contingent upon the following:
• Satisfactory reference checks.
• Completion of a satisfactory background check.
• Completion of a satisfactory MVR driving record check.
• Passing a pre-employment Drug Screen
• Passing a DOT Medical Examination
Edge offers the following company benefits:
• Eligibility for health, vision, dental coverage subject to plan terms.
• Eligibility for 401(k) plan subject to plan terms.
• Eligibility for company-paid benefits such as long-term disability, subject to applicable waiting periods.
• Paid time off (PTO) earned on an accrual basis.
• Company-paid holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day
Established in 1996, Edge Construction Specialties is a leading finish carpentry contractor for specialty building interiors and equipment. Our core values: commitment to customer, integrity, respect, safety, and teamwork. We provide innovative solutions to projects involving architectural woodwork, ornamental metals, doors, frames & hardware, and specialties.
Edge Construction Specialties is a tobacco/smoke/drug free company, an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and supports workplace diversity. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply.
Information to the Applicant
I certify that all answers and statements made by me on this Application are complete and true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I understand that any false information, omissions, or misrepresentations of facts by me in the Application or during the application process may result in rejection of my application or discharge at any time if I am hired.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination because of sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, age, national origin, military status, religion, or disability or any other legally protected status. Additional testing of job-related skills and for the presence of drugs may be required prior to employment.
I understand and acknowledge that all offers of employment and continued employment are contingent on compliance with the background check and drug testing policies.