FINISH CARPENTRY CONSTRUCTION FOREMAN
Job Title: Finish Carpentry Construction Foreman (CO Mountain Area - along I-70 corridor)
Office HQ: 5717 West 6th Ave, Lakewood, CO 80214
Position Type: Full Time. Must be flexible to work over 40 hours when needed.
Hours: Depends on jobsite hours. Must be flexible due to the rapid changing environment of construction.
Compensation: Competitive rate based upon experience.
Edge Construction Specialties is seeking an experienced commercial carpentry leader to oversee commercial millwork and door hardware installation across our projects in the Colorado mountain (Breckenridge, Avon, Vail - and other areas along the I-70 corridor) area.
The Foreman's primary function is to provide oversight of all field operations, management, and direction of all commercial constrution jobsite employees. The position will ensure that all resources of the company are managed and coordinated in an efficient and professional manner on all projects, in order to perform work within the budget and ahead of schedule.
Duties/Responsibilities (includes but not limited to):
1. Plan, organize and staff key field positions to accommodate the specific project requirements
- Coordinate and schedule multiple millwork installations
- Continually update the project manager with jobsite status and installation status
2. Monitor project objectives, company policies, procedures and performance standards of all jobsite personnel
- Accurately determine installation and product delivery timeframes
- Communicate with superintendents to maintain an accurate status of jobsites prior to install and during the install process.
3. Monitor and coordinate delivery of material and supply procurement, as well as, the management and distribution of these materials, supplies, and equipment.
4. Monitor the distribution of all labor resources and maintain tool inventory.
- Direct jobsite personnel to make the installation process efficient.
- Work with installation crews to solve field related issues.
5. Demonstrate and ensure quality craftsmanship in our finish carpentry and specialty scopes.
- Assist with closing punch list items.
- Be prepared to lend a hand in certain install situations.
The above duties are not meant to restrict initiative, but rather to define minimum activities. These duties may be altered to suit the needs of the particular project and job scope.
The ideal candidate will have strong finish carpentry experience, specific knowledge of construction finishes, excellent organization and communication, and the ability to prioritize and lead others.
Either a Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field or a combination of education and related commercial construction experience
High School Diploma and plus 5 years of experience in the commercial construction industry
Bilingual (English and Spanish) desired, but not required.
Forklift and OSHA 30/10 certifications are preferred but not required.
Experience in architectural millwork industry, preferably multiple years of commercial construction experience
Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
Ability to prioritize multiple moving deadlines
Demonstrates the ability to work collaboratively on a project team
Ability to plan ones' own time and manage the time of others, as needed. Demonstrates good time management skills
Ability to problem solve, complete assigned tasks efficiently, and exercise sound construction and safety oriented judgment
Reliable transportation and a valid driver's license
Able to read architectural drawings and shop drawings
Excellent communication skills
Excellent organization skills
Clean driving record and reliable transportation
Commercial construction experience
All candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Conditional Employment Requirements
Employment with Edge Construction Specialties is contingent upon the following:
• Satisfactory reference checks
• Completion of a satisfactory background check
• Completion of a satisfactory MVR driving record check
• Passing a pre-employment Drug Screen
Edge offers the following company benefits:
• Eligibility for health, vision, dental coverage subject to plan terms
• Eligibility for 401(k) plan subject to plan terms
• Eligibility for company-paid benefits such as long-term disability, subject to applicable waiting periods
• Paid time off (PTO) earned on an accrual basis
• Company-paid holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day
Established in 1996, Edge Construction Specialties is a leading finish carpentry contractor for specialty building interiors and equipment. Our core values: commitment to customer, integrity, respect, safety, and teamwork. We provide innovative solutions to projects involving architectural woodwork, ornamental metals, doors, frames & hardware, and specialties.
Edge Construction Specialties is a tobacco/smoke/drug free company, an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and supports workplace diversity. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply.
Information to the Applicant
I certify that all answers and statements made by me on this Application are complete and true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I understand that any false information, omissions, or misrepresentations of facts by me in the Application or during the application process may result in rejection of my application or discharge at any time if I am hired.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination because of sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, age, national origin, military status, religion, or disability or any other legally protected status. Additional testing of job-related skills and for the presence of drugs may be required prior to employment.
I understand and acknowledge that all offers of employment and continued employment are contingent on compliance with the background check and drug testing policies.