Job Title: Cabinetmaker
Job Brief: The Cabinetmaker delivers architectural woodwork products that are both practical and aesthetically pleasing.
Job Starting Location: 5717 West 6th Ave, Lakewood, CO 80214
Position Type: Full Time. Must be flexible to work over 40 hours when needed.
Job Shift: Monday - Friday 7:00am to 3:00pm (Day Shift)
Compensation: Competitive hourly rate (starting at $22/hour) plus benefits
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Do you have strong woodworking skills and an eye for detail? Edge Construction Specialties is looking for the right candidate who can deliver architectural woodworking products that are both practical and aesthetically pleasing. Using the shop drawings and specs provided by our Shop Manager, you will use your building and mathematical skills to create cabinets that meet very specific guidelines. You’ll work alongside the other members of our building team to create an important product that is in high demand. This is a great way to put your carpentry skills to use in an environment where your experience and insight will be sincerely valued. Every team member is an integral part of who we are and what we do!
Essential Job Duties
• Construct and assemble cabinet components, making sure that all pieces fit the dimensions specified by the foreman and client
• Verify and double check all calculations to ensure alignment of doors, hinges and side panels, always using blueprints or design plans for reference
• Clean and repair all equipment necessary for your work, including handsaws, table saws, skill saws, and a variety of drills and sanding tools
• Be exact in measurements and markings so that materials will be used efficiently and the projects will meet budgetary restrictions
• Install the appropriate hardware, such as hinges and handles, and order replacement materials when needed
• Match materials and grains to create a uniform appearance for all the matching units
• Reinforce joints and attachments to maximize sturdiness and durability without compromising aesthetic appeal or functionality
• Maintain a safe working environment by cleaning and disposing of old materials, such as nails and screws
You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
Two or more years of cabinetmaking experience
Education and Experience
You must be 18 years or older
Understanding of necessary mathematics
Knowledge of materials and processing
Applicable engineering and design skills
Ability to read and evaluate work orders
Strong work ethic, constant attention to detail, and a commitment to reliability
Take pride in your work
Reliable transportation to/from work
Be comfortable working on your feet for the duration of your shift
Good eyesight with corrective lenses
Stoop, kneel, and crouch
Use hands and arms to reach for, handle, and manipulate objects
Able to safely lift 50 pounds safely and 80-100 pounds with helper
Conditional Employment Requirements
Employment with Edge Construction Specialties is contingent upon the following:
• Satisfactory reference checks.
• Completion of a satisfactory background check.
• Completion of a satisfactory MVR driving record check.
• Passing a pre-employment Drug Screen
• Passing a DOT Medical Examination
Edge offers the following company benefits:
• Eligibility for health, vision, dental coverage subject to plan terms.
• Eligibility for 401(k) plan subject to plan terms.
• Eligibility for company-paid benefits such as long-term disability, subject to applicable waiting periods.
• Paid time off (PTO) earned on an accrual basis.
• Company-paid holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day
Established in 1996, Edge Construction Specialties is a leading finish carpentry contractor for specialty building interiors and equipment. Our core values: commitment to customer, integrity, respect, safety, and teamwork. We provide innovative solutions to projects involving architectural woodwork, ornamental metals, doors, frames & hardware, and specialties.
Edge Construction Specialties is a tobacco/smoke/drug free company, an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and supports workplace diversity. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply.
Information to the Applicant
I certify that all answers and statements made by me on this Application are complete and true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I understand that any false information, omissions, or misrepresentations of facts by me in the Application or during the application process may result in rejection of my application or discharge at any time if I am hired.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination because of sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, age, national origin, military status, religion, or disability or any other legally protected status. Additional testing of job-related skills and for the presence of drugs may be required prior to employment.
I understand and acknowledge that all offers of employment and continued employment are contingent on compliance with the background check and drug testing policies.